Located in the heart of Geraldton, the Geraldton Regional Art Gallery opened on 6th August 1984 and is housed in the former Town Hall which operated from 1907 to 1981.
Original renovations completed in 1984 saw the Geraldton Regional Art Gallery become the first regional ‘A’ class venue in Western Australia and in 1997 the building was listed on the State Register of Heritage Places in Western Australia.
After thirty years of servicing the artistic needs of the Mid-West community, the gallery was in need of a serious upgrade and due to the generosity and foresight of the City of Greater Geraldton, this upgrade took place over the first half of 2014.
Works completed include the replacement of the aged climate control system, removal of asbestos, re-configuration of exhibition spaces, creation of store facilities, installation of a new display system and a thorough clean up and repair of the interior and exterior.
This refurbishment project will ensure that this wonderful community facility will continue to operate as an “A Class” venue for the next three decades and beyond. The Gallery’s “A” classification allows for an annual schedule of some 15 exhibitions of the highest calibre accessed from local, state, national and international sources.
The Geraldton Regional Art Gallery is jointly funded and operated by the City of Greater Geraldton and the Art Gallery of Western Australia. The Gallery houses and cares for the City of Greater Geraldton Art Collection which is comprised of over 475 artworks, principally paintings and works on paper.
24 Chapman Road Geraldton
P: +61 8 9964 7170
Hours: 10am-4pm, Monday - Saturday
Pub Hols: 1-4pm
Follow Geraldton Regional Art Gallery on Facebook.